- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup stout or other dark beer
- 1/2 pound emmentaler or other swiss cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound gruyere, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Broccoli florets
- Thick sliced of kielbasa or another smoked sausage
Rub the inside of a heavy pot or dutch oven with the cut side of the garlic. Add the sout and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
In a bowl, toss the cheeses with the cornstarch. Working in 3 batches, gradually stir the cheese mixture into the stout until melted. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is gently bubbling, about 2 minutes; season.
Serve immediately from the dutch oven or transfer to a fondue pot. Top with grated nutmeg to taste. Serve with broccoli florets and thick slices of kielbasa or another smoked sausage.