- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, turning halfway through, until just crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed, about 7 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Crumble the bacon on top and sprinkle with the scallions and parmesan.