Recipe by Rachael Ray
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) each crushed red pepper, fennel pollen (or ground fennel), granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried oregano, dried parsley, and dried thyme
Cutlets & Toppings
4 large top ground beef steaks (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick)
Salt and pepper
1 cup flour
Olive or safflower oil, for shallow-frying
6 cups baby arugula
About 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
EVOO, for drizzling (about 2 tbsp.)
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tomatoes on the vine, chopped
1 shallot, very thinly sliced
1. In a large shallow bowl, mix all the ingredients for the breading.
2. Pat the steaks dry; season with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, add the flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Coat the steaks in the flour; shake off any excess flour. Dip the steaks in the eggs and then the breading, pressing so the crumbs adhere. Transfer to a wire rack.
3. In a large skillet, heat about 1/8 inch of olive oil over medium-high. When the oil ripples, add the cutlets. Cook until the cutlets are brown and crisp, about 21/2 minutes per side. Let rest on a clean wire rack.
4. In a large bowl, mix the arugula, shaved Parm, EVOO, and lemon juice. In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes and shallot.
5. Divide the cutlets among plates. Top the cutlets with the arugula salad and the tomatoes and shallot.