- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 3/4-inch-thick pineapple rings (sliced from a cored pineapple)
- 2 boneless strip steaks (about 10 oz each), halved crosswise and pounded 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and chili powder. Brush the pineapple and steaks with 1 tbsp. EVOO. Sprinkle the pineapple with the chili sugar and season the steaks. Grill the pineapple, 2 minutes per side, and steaks, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO. Add the spinach and toss to coat. Add feta and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the steak and pineapple garnished with basil, alongside the salad.