- 6 slices smoky bacon
- 2 petite filets (about 1lb. each), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress or upland cress, trimmed
- 4 cups regular or farm spinach, trimmed, large leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup smoked or regular blue cheese crumbles
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Heat an outdoor grill or cast iron skillet over medium-high.
Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 15 to 18 minutes, then chop.
Season the steak with Worcestershire and salt and pepper; drizzle with EVOO. Cook to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, mustard and vinegar. While whisking, slowly stream in 3 tbsp. EVOO; season. Toss the greens and onions with the dressing; divide among plates.
Slice the steak against the grain. Top greens with the steak, bacon and cheese.