- 8 Granny Smith or other tart apples
- 2 bags (11 oz.) soft caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Mini peanut butter candies, such as Reese's Pieces
- Chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Halloween-colored sprinkles
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Stem 8 Granny Smith or other tart apples. Wash; dry well. Insert a wooden craft stick into the top of each apple. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt soft caramels with 2 tbsp. water, stirring often, until smooth, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and pure vanilla extract; reduce the heat to low. Holding the sticks, dip apples one at a time into the caramel; let excess drip back into the pan. Scrape excess caramel off the bottom and roll and press it into mini peanut butter candies, such as Reese's Pieces, chopped dry-roasted peanuts and Halloween-colored sprinkles; transfer to the baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.