- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 leek--white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound asparagus, sliced on an angle 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup ricotta
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the stock, pasta and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the zucchini and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Stir in the leek, asparagus, peas, 1/4 cup parsley and 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice. Simmer until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Season.
Meanwhile, in a bowl using an electric mixer, whip the ricotta until fluffy; season. Divide the soup among bowls. Garnish with the whipped ricotta, 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley.