- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 3/4 cups orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds lamb shoulder chops (about 3 pieces)
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 lemon, zested, plus 2 teaspoons juice
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the sugar snap peas for 30 seconds. Remove with a strainer; drain. Add the orzo to the pot and cook until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon EVOO, the garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub the lamb chops with the herb mixture and grill, turning once, for 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar snap peas, orzo, radishes, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Divide the orzo salad among 4 plates. Slice the lamb off the bone into 1/4-inch pieces. Arrange the lamb on the orzo.