Recipe by Curtis Stone
"I come from a family of green thumbs: My mom’s dad had a small produce farm, and she was a florist. Sometimes, my mom and I compete to see who can grow more varieties of vegetables. This salad is inspired by things from our gardens, like radishes, scallions and greens.”
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 limes, zested (about 1 1/2 tsp.) and juiced (about 3 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain brown rice, at room temperature
- 4 cups watercress
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced on an angle
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime zest and juice, and the shallot. Season the vinaigrette with salt.
2. Spread the rice on a large platter. Top with the watercress, celery, radishes and scallions. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with the cilantro and sunflower seeds. Season with salt and serve immediately.