- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound spinach fettuccine or spinach garganelli
- 1/4 cup pistachios or 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 pound thin asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed mixed fresh parsley, mint, and tarragon or basil
- 1/4- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano (about a handful)
- 1/2 lemon, juices
- About 1/3 cup EVOO
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is working, in a small skillet, toast the pistachios (or pine nuts).
Using a food processor, puree the asparagus, herbs, cheese, nuts and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in about 1/4 cup EVOO; stream in a few more tbsp. EVOO as needed to form a smooth pesto.
In a pasta bowl, combine the pasta, pesto and reserved pasta cooking water. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes to coat.