- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus a handful of small sprigs for garnishing
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless butterflied leg of lamb, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rice and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook until the water has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and stir in the chopped cilantro.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lamb, garlic, soy sauce and cumin.
Just before the rice is done, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Return the skillet to high heat and add 1 tbsp. oil. When hot, add half the lamb and stir until browned, 2 minutes; transfer to the vegetables. Repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and lamb. Return the lamb and veggies to the skillet with the crushed pepper; toss until heated. Season, garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with the rice.