- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined frozen large shrimp, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 limes--1 juiced (about 2 tbsp.), 1 cut into 4 wedges
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped ( 3/4 cup)
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup (packed) shredded green cabbage
Cook the rice according to package directions, adding a quarter of the chopped garlic to the water.
In a large skillet, simmer 2 inches of water. Crack the eggs into the water, spacing them apart. Simmer until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the poached eggs to a bowl.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the shrimp; stir-fry until opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate; drizzle with the lime juice.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Add the carrot and onion and stir-fry until the onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice, shrimp and any juices on the plate, half the cilantro and 1 tsp. hot sauce; stir-fry until combined, about 1 minute.
Divide the stir-fry among bowls. Top each with an egg, some shredded cabbage and the remaining cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges and hot sauce.