Recipe by Sarah Karnasiewicz
Start to Finish: 10 minutes (plus 2 hours for chilling)
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 large jalapeño chile, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tbsp. lime zest, plus 3 tbsp. juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a food processor, pulse the onion, scallions, chile, and ginger until finely chopped, 5 to 6 times. Add the cranberries, the lime zest and juice, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until the relish is finely chopped but still has some texture, 5 to 6 times. Transfer the relish to a bowl. Cover and let chill until the flavors deepen, at least 2 hours. Season the relish again before serving.
See all our Thanksgiving recipes for planners and procrastinators here.