- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound carrots, thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
1. In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, garlic, soy sauce, cumin and crushed red pepper. Let marinate 10 minutes.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Cook the onion and carrots, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil over high. Add the lamb in a single layer. Cook, without stirring, until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes, then cook, stirring, until cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Add the onion and carrots; cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve with the rice and garnish with the cilantro.