- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 5-inch links precooked chorizo (9 ounces total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces small clams, such as littleneck, rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large, heavy pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high, add the wine and clams, cover and boil. Stir occasionally and, as the clams open, transfer them to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes to the pan and boil for 5 minutes.
Lower the heat to low, add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Divide among 4 shallow bowls, add the clams and sprinkle the parsley on top.