- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 - 4 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 sprigs watercress, tough stems trimmed
- 2 teaspoons EVOO
- 8 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 watermelon radish, coarsely grated
Fill a medium bowl with ice water. In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the ice water to cool. Drain; pat the asparagus dry. Cut off the tips and then cut the stalks into 1/2-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and hot sauce. Mix in the eggs and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the watercress and EVOO; season. Top the toasts with the watercress salad and then the egg salad. Top with the asparagus slices and tips and the grated radish.