- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces, for dipping
- Small new potatoes, boiled and halved, for dipping
- Gala apples, cored and sliced, for dipping
- Pretzel rods, for dipping
In a bowl, toss together the parmesan cheese and cornstarch.
In a medium saucepan, cook the milk, chicken broth and chiles over medium heat until warm. Add the cream cheese and cook, whisking, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Bring to a simmer and add the parmesan mixture, a large handful at a time, stirring until smooth. Cook the sauce over low heat for about 5 minutes.
Serve the fondue warm with the bacon, potatoes, apples and pretzel rods for dipping.