- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 star anise pods
- 4 ounces rice noodles (about the thickness of linguine)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tbsp.)
- Bean sprouts, small mint leaves and thinly sliced red jalapenno or Fresno chiles, for topping
- Sriracha, for serving
In a large pot, simmer the stock and star anise over medium-high until the stock is infused with the star anise, about 10 minutes. Add the noodles, shredded chicken and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are al dente, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice.
Divide the soup among bowls and top with the bean sprouts, mint and chiles. Serve with sriracha.