Recipe by Sarah Tenaglia
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6–7 Meyer lemons (3 oz. each)
- 1 large head (2 lbs.) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Slice 2 lemons into 1/4-inch-thick rounds; discard the seeds. Squeeze 1/2 cup juice from the remaining lemons.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the lemon rounds and juice, the kosher salt and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over high, stirring until the salt dissolves. Cover and simmer over low until the lemon rounds are tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Coarsely chop; transfer to a small bowl.
3. In a small skillet, heat the coriander and cumin over medium, shaking often, until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 1 minute; let cool. Wrap the toasted spices in heavy-duty foil or place in a ziptop freezer bag; crush with a rolling pin.
4. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, oil, garlic and crushed spices; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer; roast until the cauliflower is browned in spots, about 18 minutes. Stir in the olives and half the lemon mixture, adding more if desired; top with the parsley.