- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turbinado or light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 rack baby back ribs (2 lbs.), cut between ribs into 4 large pieces
- 1 small lime, halved
In a small bowl, stir the first 7 ingredients. Place the ribs in a large baking dish. Rub the ribs all over with the cut sides of the lime, then rub with the spice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. Let ribs stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before cooking.
If grilling the ribs, preheat a foil-lined grill or grill pan over medium. Grill the ribs, turning occasionally, until browned and tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes. If baking, preheat the oven to 300 degrees . Place the ribs on a rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet, meatier side up. Cover loosely with foil and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 50 minutes. Preheat the broiler; broil until browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
Let the ribs rest about 5 minutes. Cut between the bones into individual ribs.