- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 5 ounce cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed spanish olives, 1 tablespoon olive juice reserved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10 ounce package mixed lettuce
In a large bowl, combine the tuna, breadcrumbs, olives, raisins, egg, onion and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the olive juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to coat. Serve the tuna cakes on the salad.