- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups shredded escarole
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
In a large bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons olive oil, the lime peel, lime juice and oregano. Add the black beans, escarole, jicama, scallions and cilantro; toss. Season with salt and pepper; divide among 4 plates.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until just opaque, about 5 minutes. Arrange on top of the bean salad and sprinkle with more cilantro.