- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, pounded 1/8-in. thick
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups regular or low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1 box corn kernels (10 oz.) or 2 to 3 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 small to medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- YUM-O! SOUTHWEST RANCH:
- 1 cup low-fat store-bought ranch dressing
- 3 roasted red peppers or pimientos, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and a pinch each salt and pepper. Season both sides of the turkey cutlets with the spice mixture.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 of the cutlets to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining EVOO and cutlets; let cool slightly and cut into strips or cubes.
Using a food processor, pulse the ranch dressing, red peppers, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder and cumin until the pimientos are pureed. Pour the flavored ranch into a bowl and stir in the scallions; season with pepper.
To serve, toss the lettuce with some of the Yum-o! dressing and divide among 4 plates (or place on a platter). Arrange rows of the cooked turkey, cheese, black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper and cilantro (if using) on top. Pass more dressing around the table.