Recipe by Mindy Fox
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
1/2 cup ketchup
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded, plus 3 tbsp. sauce
3/4 tsp. (packed) light brown sugar
1 tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 1/2 lb. skirt steak
6 cups (loosely packed) baby arugula (about 3 oz.)
1 1/2 cups of seedless watermelon cubes (1/2-inch cubes)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tbsp. EVOO
1. In a blender, puree the ketchup, chipotles, adobo sauce, brown sugar, and 3 tbsp. water until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat. Cook the sauce until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 tsp. vinegar. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
2. Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high. Season the steak with salt and pepper; grill until charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steak and brush with 3 tbsp. of the sauce. Continue grilling the steak to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes more for medium-rare.
3. Transfer the steak to a cutting board, sauce-side down, and brush the top generously with about 3 tbsp. of the sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the arugula, watermelon, onion, oil, and the remaining 1 tbsp. vinegar. Season the salad.
5. Slice the steak against the grain and divide among plates. Brush the steak with the remaining sauce. Serve with the salad.