Recipe by Rachael Ray
Look for smoked tuna at your favorite fish market or deli, or order it from goldbely.com.
- 1 bulb fennel, 1/4 cup (a small handful) fronds reserved
- 1 1/4 lbs. thinly sliced smoked tuna
- 2 seedless oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- EVOO, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Grissini (thin breadsticks), for serving
1. Trim the fennel bulb [1, above] and halve lengthwise. Cut away the core [2, above]. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, then crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces [3, above].
2. Divide the tuna among 4 plates, fanning out. Using a sharp knife, cut off the peel and white pith from the fruit. Cut between the membranes to release the segments, then chop. In a medium bowl, mix the fruit, fennel and fronds, parsley and olives.
3. Mound the salad on the tuna. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the grissini.