- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups leftover fettuccine alfredo, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened but not brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the flour until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add the fettuccine alfredo, corn and chopped dill and simmer until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Add the salmon and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top with more dill.