Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
|Active Time||Total Time||Servings|
2 hours, 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pepper jelly
- 3 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless smoked ham (5 to 6 lb.)
1. In a blender, puree the pineapple, brown sugar, jelly, bourbon, and mustard; season with pepper. Place the ham in a slow cooker. Pour the pineapple mixture over the top. Cover and cook on high until an instant-read thermometer registers 140° when inserted into the center, about 2 1/2 hours.
2. Preheat the broiler. Transfer the ham to a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until browned in spots, 5 to 8 minutes. Strain the juices from the slow cooker into a pitcher and spoon the fat off the top. Slice the ham and serve with the sauce.
This recipe is part of our Southern-Style Ham & Biscuits holiday dinner menu. Get the rest of the recipes here.