- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound slab of pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 - 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4 crusty ciabatta rolls or plain kaiser rolls, split
- Finely chopped giardiniera (pickled vegetable salad) and/or sliced cornichon, for topping
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the pork and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt and lots of pepper, then stir in the chicken broth and vinegar. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes more.
Pile the meat onto the rolls and serve with the toppings.