- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons drained chopped capers
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 8 slices seeded rye bread
- 4 slices light Swiss cheese, such as Jarlsberg Lite
- 8 ounces deli-sliced turkey pastrami
- 1/2 cup drained sauerkraut
- Cooking spray
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, pickles, ketchup and capers to make Russian dressing; season with salt and pepper.
Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread; top with the cheese, pastrami and sauerkraut. Spread the Russian dressing on the other 4 slices of bread. Add to the sandwiches, dressing side down.
Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium. Coat both sides of the sandwiches with cooking spray. Working in two batches, cook the sandwiches, covered, until the cheese melts and the bread is toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.