- 4 tuna steaks, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 lbs. total)
- About 1/4 cups EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tbsp.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large cloves garlic, minced or pasted
- 4 cups baby kale (about 4 fat handfuls)
- 4 plum or vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 3 small ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Drizzle the tuna with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, thyme, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup EVOO until the dressing is smooth; season. Add the kale, tomatoes, onion, beans, celery and parsley. Toss to coat; season again. Divide the salad among plates or shallow bowls.
Grill the tuna until cooked to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Slice the tuna and arrange on the salad.