- 2 large 1 1/2-2 inch thick strip or top sirloin steaks; at room temperature
- 1/2 cup EVOO; plus more for drizzling
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 fresno chile pepper or 1 hot cherry pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 tsp dried oregano or marjoram
- buttered white toast points, for serving
Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium- high heat. Drizzle the steaks with EVOO; season liberally with salt and pepper. Add to the griddle and cook, turning once, until a brown crust forms, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
While the steaks cook, add the parsley, chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar and oregano (or marjoram) to a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in 1/2 cup EVOO and pulse to chop into a thick sauce.
Serve the steak on the buttered toast points. Top with the pepper-onion sauce.