- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 6 pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 cups pancake mix (gluten-free, if desired), prepared according to package directions
- Cooking spray
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard. Season with salt; refrigerate.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Brush the skirt steak with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill, turning once, for about 8 minutes for medium-rare; let sit. Thinly slice against the grain.
Meanwhile, preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. In a large bowl, stir the bacon and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard into the prepared pancake batter.
Grease the waffle iron with cooking spray and, working in batches, pour in enough batter to barely fill each square; close and cook according to manufacturers instructions until golden. Spread each waffle with some of the lemon mayonnaise. Top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slices, steak slices and another waffle bread slice, mayo side down.