- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for sprinkling
- 8 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp--peeled, deveined and tails removed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat; add the onion, season with salt and black pepper and cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Add the tomatoes, increase the heat and cook until the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic and crushed red pepper to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, season with salt and black pepper and cook until just pink and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes; stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Serve with the tortillas, onion mixture, yogurt and cilantro leaves.