Recipe by Stacy Adimando
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
1. In a deep medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, begin beating the whites on medium-low speed. Sprinkle in 1 tbsp. sugar; beat for 10 seconds. Repeat the process with 5 more tbsp. sugar.
3. Increase the speed to high and continue the process with the remaining 6 tbsp. sugar. Beat until the meringue is thick and glossy and holds stiff peaks when the beaters are raised.