Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Winter Spring 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
This two-ingredient recipe is greater than the sum of its parts. Whip up a batch and stash it in the fridge—you can drizzle it on soup, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, or rice; or whisk it into your salad dressing for a fresh, oniony hit.
- 2 bunches of scallion greens
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
1. In a small saucepan, gently simmer 2 bunches chopped scallion greens and 1/2 cup olive oil over medium heat until the scallions are very tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Let cool 10 minutes.
3. Transfer to a blender; pulse 1 minute.
4. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl; discard solids.
5. Use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.