Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen spinach, preferably organic, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (a few grates)
- 1 cup loosely packed freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 2 oz.)
1. Place the spinach in a clean kitchen towel (not terrycloth), gather the edges together and twist to wring dry. Using your fingertips, loosen and fluff up the spinach.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the garlic and swirl the pan until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Add the spinach; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream; season with the nutmeg. Bring to a bubble, reduce the heat to medium and simmer at a low boil until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Spoon over the Savory French Toast.