- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimppeeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 tomatoes, preferably beefsteak
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled and finely chopped
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, scallion whites and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
Core the tomatoes and cut each into 8 sections, leaving the sections connected at the bottom. Divide the lettuce among 4 serving plates and top each with a tomato, splaying out the sections slightly.
Add the scallion greens, mayonnaise, celery and Worcestershire sauce to the shrimp mixture and toss. Fill each tomato with the shrimp salad and top with some egg.