Recipe by Vallery Lomas
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath. Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp to the ice bath to cool, then drain well. Cut shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp, lemon juice, lime juice, jalapeño, and red onion. Cover and refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours. When ready to serve, stir in the strawberries and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.