- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces dried flat rice noodles
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch scallions, greens chopped and whites reserved for another use
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Siracha, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and worcestershire until the sugar dissolves.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over high heat until shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate; reserve the skillet.
Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until tender but still slightly chewy, 4 to 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
Add the remaining 2 tbsp. oil to the reserved skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are browned slightly at the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a nonstick spatula, flip the eggs and break into small pieces. Add the noodles and fish sauce mixture; toss to combine. Add the cooked shrimp and stir until the shrimp are heated through and the noodles have absorbed some of the sauce, about 2 minutes.
Add the bean sprouts, scallion greens and peanuts; toss well. Divide the noodles among plates and top with the cilantro. Serve with the sriracha and lime wedges.