- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined (about 20)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the shrimp until pink and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Discard the shrimp tails and chop the meat into bite-size chunks. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl. Place the mango in a separate bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chopped mint, onion, jalapeno and garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour half the vinaigrette over the shrimp and toss; pour the remaining vinaigrette over the mango and toss.
Spoon a layer of mango into 4 martini glasses. Top with a layer of shrimp, then another layer of mango. Top each serving with a mint sprig.