- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 precooked chorizo links, casing removed, sliced on an angle 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (about 16 shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the garlic and crushed red pepper to the skillet and cook, shaking the pan a bit, until the garlic is lightly golden. Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and stir to coat. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the pan is nearly dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the chorizo to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley. Cook until the chorizo is hot and the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
Place the toasts on 4 plates. Spoon the shrimp, chorizo and pan juices on top.