- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 12 ounce package andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen sliced okra
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the sausage and cook until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a bowl.
Add the onion to the pot, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, then stir in the cooked sausage, the tomatoes, okra and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 30 to 35 minutes. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the shrimp and cook until opaque. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the parsley.