- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 star anise pods
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound baby bok choy, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp. sesame oil over medium. Add the garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the stock, ponzu sauce, soy sauce, ginger, crushed red pepper and star anise; bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the soba noodles and bok choy. Cook until the noodles are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Discard the star anise pods and divide the soup among bowls. Drizzle each serving with 1 tbsp. sesame oil. Top with the shredded carrot and sesame seeds.