Recipe by Alexa Weibel
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. lime zest and 4 tsp. juice
- 1 red jalapeño, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 12 large scallops (12 oz.)
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
In medium bowl, mash avocado, lime zest and juice; season. In small bowl, mix jalapeño, vinegar and sugar. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook seasoned scallops until browned, about 2 minutes; turn and cook until opaque in centers, about 1 minute. Divide avocado mixture among plates; top with scallops, radishes, jalapeño and cilantro.
Bonus: How do you store avocados? Put whole ripe avocados in the fridge and they’ll stay fresh for up to a week.