Recipe by Charles Grayauskie
- 4 stalks rhubarb, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
In pan, cook first 5 ingredients over medium, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender and sauce thickens, 5 minutes; season. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season pork and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Top with compote and parsley.
Don’t forget dessert: This compote pairs as well with sweet as it does with savory. Try spooning it over ice cream!