- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, 1 halved lengthwise, the rest finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pounds squid, cut into thin rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Mixed greens, for serving
Add the juice of 1 lemon and the halved celery rib to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and squid and return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Discard the celery. Drain the seafood and let cool in a bowl set inside a larger bowl of ice.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, basil and parsley. Add salt and black pepper to taste. In a large bowl, combine the chopped celery, tomatoes, juice of 3 lemons and the crushed red pepper. Add the cooled seafood and the dressing and toss to coat; marinate for 1 hour. Serve over the greens.