Recipe by Marge Perry & David Bonom
- 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz. parsnips, peeled
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped grilled peppers and onions, thawed and reheated
- 5 oz. baby kale
- Vinaigrette, for salad
- 8 whole grilled sausages, thawed and reheated
1. Make the Big-Batch Grilled Sausages, Peppers & Onions. For this recipe, portion out 8 whole sausages and 1/2 cup each chopped peppers and onions.
2. Cut potatoes and parsnips into 1-inch pieces. In saucepan, cover potatoes and parsnips with cold water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Mash with milk and butter. Mix in peppers and onions; season. Toss kale with dressing; season. Serve with sausages and mash.