- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 loaf mini pumpernickel or rye bread
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced turkey pastrami or smoked turkey
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives (10 to 12 blades)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place 12 slices of bread on a work surface. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cut the cheese into 6 squares per slice. Cut the turkey into similar-size pieces. Build the sammies like this: bread, cheese slice, 2 turkey slices, tomato slice, salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle of chives, cheese slice, bread.
Hold the butter with a paper towel and wipe the skillet with the butter to coat lightly. Add the sammies to the pan and cook 6 at a time for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve warm.