- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 5 - 6 ounces skin-on salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup shelled, raw, unsalted pistachios
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 star anise pod
- 9 small fresh apricots, halved and pitted or 18 canned apricot halves
- Cooked couscous, for serving
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Sprinkle the salmon with the parsley, 1 tbsp. of the thyme and 1 tbsp. of the orange zest. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperate before grilling.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . On a baking sheet, toast the nuts until fragrant, 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a food processor, pulse the nuts, 1/4 cup of the EVOO and the garlic until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup of the EVOO, 1 tbsp. of the orange juice, the remaining 1 tsp. orange zest and 1 tbsp. of the lemon juice. Season with salt.
In a medium saucepan, cook the remaining 1 cup orange juice and 1 tbsp. lemon juice, the sugar, honey and star anise over medium heat, stirring often, until syrupy, 15 minutes (reduce until slightly thicker, about 2 minutes more, if using canned apricots). Discard the anise.
Season the apricots with salt, pepper and the remaining 2 tsp. thyme. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high. Cook the apricots, cut side down, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; drizzle with the syrup. Transfer to the oven; bake until the apricots are tender and glazed, 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Remove skin from salmon. Brush the fish with the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO; season with salt and pepper, and wrap in foil packets. Grill until just opaque in the center, about 6 minutes.
Divide the couscous among plates. Top with the salmon, apricots and syrup, yogurt and pistachio sauce.