- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 14.7 ounce can salmon, drained and picked over
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, halved, plus grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- 8 1/2 inches thick slices challah bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
In a large bowl, combine the salmon, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley, the egg and mustard. Shape into 4 patties.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon peel and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Spread the lemon mayonnaise on 4 slices of toast. Top each one with tomato slices, a squirt of lemon juice, a salmon patty, a bacon slice and a toasted bread slice.